Brown Sugar Maple Muffins
2 cups wheat flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
In a separate bowl, combine milk, butter, syrup, yogurt, egg and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Prepare muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or paper liners. Recipe will make 48 mini-muffins or 12 regular-sized muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees; 11-13 minutes for mini-muffins or 16-20 minutes for regular-sized.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans.